Having carried out negotiations under the terms of the Ministerial Decision on Financial Services adopted at Marrakesh on 15 April 1994,
Having regard to the Second Annex on Financial Services, and to the Decision on the application of that Annex adopted by the Council for Trade in Services on 30 June 1995,
Agree as follows:
1. A Schedule of Specific Commitments and a List of Exemptions from Article II concerning financial services annexed to this Protocol relating to a Member shall, upon the entry into force of this Protocol for that Member, replace the financial services sections of the Schedule of Specific Commitments and the List of Article II Exemptions of that Member.
2. This Protocol shall be open for acceptance, by signature or otherwise, by the Members concerned until 30 June 1996.
3. This Protocol shall enter into force on the 30th day following the date of its acceptance by all Members concerned. If by 1 July 1996 it has not been accepted by all Members concerned, those Members which have accepted it before that date may, within a period of 30 days thereafter, decide on its entry into force.
4. This Protocol shall be deposited with the Director-General of the WTO. The Director-General of the WTO shall promptly furnish to each Member of the WTO a certified copy of this Protocol and notifications of acceptances thereof pursuant to paragraph 3.
5. This Protocol shall be registered in accordance with the provisions of Article 102 of the Charter of the United Nations.
Done at Geneva this --- day of [month] one thousand nine hundred and ninety-five, in a single copy in English, French and Spanish languages, each text being authentic, except as otherwise provided for in respect of the Schedules annexed hereto.